[Grml] GRML Accessibility Features

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Mon Feb 15 14:36:58 CET 2016

Hi,

* Simon Eigeldinger [Sat Feb 13, 2016 at 11:08:44AM +0100]:

> its weird.
> maybe michael could chime in and bring some light in.

I just took a quick look at it, it's exactly what I had in mind. A
few weeks ago I noticed that file-rc was no longer used as init
system for daily Grml ISOs because of package dependencies which
could no longer be resolved for file-rc. While I'm working on the
migration to systemd I still wanted to support the file-rc use case
as-is. So I coordinated file-rc uploads towards Debian with the
debian-systemd folks and uploaded an according file-rc package on
28th of January.

Sadly the new file-rc version doesn't play together with FAI (which
is used via grml-live), since FAI diverts the affected files on its
own, and therefore the ISO build process fails with:

| Adding 'diversion of /usr/sbin/update-rc.d to /usr/sbin/update-rc.d.init-system-helpers by file-rc'
| dpkg-divert: error: 'diversion of /usr/sbin/invoke-rc.d to /usr/sbin/invoke-rc.d.init-system-helpers by file-rc' clashes with 'diversion of /usr/sbin/invoke-rc.d to /usr/sbin/invoke-rc.d.distrib by fai'
| dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/file-rc_0.8.18_all.deb (--unpack):
|  subprocess new pre-installation script returned error exit status 2
| Removing 'diversion of /usr/sbin/update-rc.d to /usr/sbin/update-rc.d.init-system-helpers by file-rc'
| dpkg-divert: error: mismatch on divert-to
|   when removing 'diversion of /usr/sbin/invoke-rc.d to /usr/sbin/invoke-rc.d.init-system-helpers by file-rc'
|   found 'diversion of /usr/sbin/invoke-rc.d to /usr/sbin/invoke-rc.d.distrib by fai'
| dpkg: error while cleaning up:
|  subprocess new post-removal script returned error exit status 2
| Errors were encountered while processing:
|  /var/cache/apt/archives/file-rc_0.8.18_all.deb
| E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

This was limited to Debian/unstable builds only until 10th of
February, though nowadays the according file-rc version is also
available in Debian/testing. So if you build your own Grml ISO
against Debian/testing or Debian/unstable you'll end up with an ISO
running systemd and getting its unconfigured login system. :)

I'll see what I can do about a fixed file-rc package for our use
case.