[Grml] zsh history completion via arrow keys

John da_audiophile at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 19 18:34:09 CET 2013

Just discovered grmlzshrc and am loving it.  One thing I cannot seem to figure out though is how to enable zsh history completion on up arrow that reads what I have typed and only completes matches?  For example, I type:

% vim ~/bin               <<UPARROW>>

The expected behavior is to autocomplete entries that begin with 'vim ~/bin' but that isn't what happens.  When I hit UPARROW the auto complete lists shows anything that started with 'vim ' which ignores the ~/bin bit.

I am using Arch Linux and the Distro provided grml-zsh-config package.  The only configuration I have done is to copy /etc/skel/.zshrc to ~

Thank you!