[Grml] Testing current daily ISOs to go towards new release

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Thu May 10 15:58:30 CEST 2012

* Urs Blaser [Thu May 10, 2012 at 03:49:46PM +0200]:

> > the current Grml daily ISOs (http://daily.grml.org/) feature a fresh
> > 3.3.4 Linux kernel

> > grab the current daily ISOs (the testing flavours of grml-full +
> > grml-small, 64bit and 32bit)

> I just downloaded the ISOs for the 64bit full versions testing and sid.
> But uname -r gives me 3.3.0-1-grml-amd64... what am I doing wrong?

This is ok, the uname doesn't strictly reflect what's inside (this
might be adjusted for the final release which will provide kernel
>=3.3.5).

> And while am at it... after the last release, some of my favorite
> packages where missing and I didn't took the time to post while the
> discussion was hot. So if it's possible to include the following, this
> would help me to not have to roll my own grml-live:
> xmount
> ewf-tools
> guymager

> But that's just part of my own favorites. Needing 25MB additional space
> while uncompressed. Hope this wish doesn't comes close to release now.

Those tools don't touch the scope of Grml close enough, 25MB
is also quite large overall, so I'm afraid they won't reach the Grml
release, sorry.