[Grml] Updating USB stick with persistency option?

Charles Alan Hewson cahewson2003 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 27 16:33:21 CET 2012

Hi all,

Persistent boot option works and with grml2usb I have not needed to change the other related partitions. You may need to remove the "=nofile" as that was removed in upstream.

Note;
Some of docs you find on web are proposals and may not be in upstream or grml-autoconfig (http://live.debian.net/devel/rfc/persistence/).

persistent-encryption=luks works in daily snapshot I am testing. This can keep live-rw and home-rw more private and secure. Think lost USB. I do not expect GRMLCFG to support luks.

Be aware live-rw and home-rw at this testing do not do compression. The docs indicate live-sn and home-sn will but I have not gotten to testing that feature.

The information at http://wiki.grml.org/doku.php?id=persistency is good.