[Grml] Let me reframe the question, then I'll go join the devel list...

Tom {Tomcat} Oehser tom at toms.net
Wed Dec 28 20:21:06 CET 2011

On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 04:32:46PM +0100, Christian Hofstaedtler wrote:

> This is exactly the problem. By your common sense, we should not
> have released 2011.12 at all, and probably just stopped releasing
> completely.

Or, slow drastically.  Just release kernel upgrades with new hardware.
Occaisional enhancements.  Stop following busy upstreams.  Freeze a lot.

> You say - rightly so - that becoming active would cost you lots of
> hours. Staying active costs _us_ lots of hours.
> Sure, I can apply common sense here, too: stop the loss of hours,
> cut the expenses. Hope that someone else will take over.
>
> Might just do that.

There is active, and then there is active.

-Tom

--
"Let us do our duty in our shop or our kitchen, the market, the street, the
office, the school, the home, just as faithfully as if we stood in the front