[Grml] Let me reframe the question, then I'll go join the devel list...

Christian Hofstaedtler ch at grml.org
Wed Dec 28 16:32:46 CET 2011

* Tom {Tomcat} Oehser <tom at toms.net> [111228 14:29]:
> [...]
> So, for me, the question is really simple - 2011.05 is a pefect fit for
> my current needs - should I just take that as the gold-standard final-
> release and not look back?  2011.05 is working _fine_ for me - even a
> couple of hours to learn how to build a -full myself, never mind the hours
> to become active, is more driven by idle curiosity and a desire to support
> the tool than it is by common sense.  Common sense for me would be, 2011.05
> ain't broke and I'm unlikely to have hardware in the next 5 years that cares
> for newer kernels.  Common sense would be to slide the write protect tab on
> a few USB sticks and figure you've painted your masterpiece and it is done.

This is exactly the problem. By your common sense, we should not
have released 2011.12 at all, and probably just stopped releasing
completely.

You say - rightly so - that becoming active would cost you lots of
hours. Staying active costs _us_ lots of hours.
Sure, I can apply common sense here, too: stop the loss of hours,
cut the expenses. Hope that someone else will take over.

Might just do that.

  -ch

--
christian hofstaedtler