[Grml] Accessibility in the grml 2011.12

Philippe Delavalade philippe.delavalade at sfr.fr
Tue Dec 13 17:12:04 CET 2011

Le mardi 13 décembre à 15:34, Ulrich Dangel a écrit :
> * Philippe Delavalade wrote [13.12.11 14:57]:
> Hi,
> > Hi all.
> >
> > I had a look to the Release Notes for Grml 2011.12-rc1 and something seems
> > very unclear to me :
> >
> >      * The accessibility support now consists of shipping standard speakup
> >        and enabling sound during boot. A new beep sequence (4 tones) is
> >        sounded just before the quickconfig menu starts. (The boot options
> >        have been removed.)
> >
> > When I hear the 4 tones, is it time to invoke brltty ?
>
> No, it is time to press enter (or q) because the grml-quickconfig menu (the
> ones where you can start specific programs etc. after bootup) is shown.
>
> After you press enter (or q) you are at the normal prompt.
>
> > I don't really understand the meaning of
> > « the boot options have been removed».
>
> There were bootoptions (blind brltty=type,port,tbl) which were removed.

So, accessibility is disabled :-( That's what I feared and the 4 tones are
of no interest...

> > And when shall I choose lang=fr ?
>
> At the boot prompt? When the cd stops spinning press tab to add
> additional bootoptions and add lang=fr

I hoped the tones should announce it's time to enter boot options. That
should be an enhancement for accessibility !

Anyway, many thanks for your help.

And I'm sorry for sending twice this mail to your email adress !

--
Ph. Delavalade