[Grml] Accessibility in the grml 2011.12

Ulrich Dangel mru at grml.org
Tue Dec 13 15:34:23 CET 2011

* Philippe Delavalade wrote [13.12.11 14:57]:
Hi,
> Hi all.
>
> I had a look to the Release Notes for Grml 2011.12-rc1 and something seems
> very unclear to me :
>
>      * The accessibility support now consists of shipping standard speakup
>        and enabling sound during boot. A new beep sequence (4 tones) is
>        sounded just before the quickconfig menu starts. (The boot options
>        have been removed.)
>
> When I hear the 4 tones, is it time to invoke brltty ?

No, it is time to press enter (or q) because the grml-quickconfig menu (the
ones where you can start specific programs etc. after bootup) is shown.

After you press enter (or q) you are at the normal prompt.

> I don't really understand the meaning of
> « the boot options have been removed».

There were bootoptions (blind brltty=type,port,tbl) which were removed.

> And when shall I choose lang=fr ?

At the boot prompt? When the cd stops spinning press tab to add
additional bootoptions and add lang=fr

Ulrich
--
twitter: @mr_ud  | identica: @mru