[Grml] Installing/configuring plain-Debian system with grml-specific kernel/Speakup/other options

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Tue May 11 08:09:41 CEST 2010

Keith Hinton <keithint1234 at gmail.com> wrote:
eCD.
> What I am trying to do is:
> 1. Install a Debian system (rather than GRML directly to hard-drive) however:
> 1. Somehow I need grml's kernel (the one compiled for 64-bit support)
> the present available version to somehow be used in the Debian
> environment on my hard-drive, because you folks have already taken
> care of the Speakup modules, and the CPU frequency scailing and other
> options.

the Debian developers have taken care of all those issues in their kernels as
well, so you should just be able to install a Debian kernel. If not, add the
GRML repository to your /etc/apt/sources.list file and install a kernel
package.

As to WPA, you need to install the wpasupplicant package and configure it;
search the Web or read the manual pages for the details.