[Grml] hwclock in UTC vs. local time

Ulrich Dangel mru at grml.org
Thu Apr 29 02:26:16 CEST 2010

* Darshaka Pathirana wrote [29.04.10 02:10]:
Hi,
> > Okay.. after taking a few seconds to really check what was going on
> > the solution is as simple as:
> >
> > % hwclock -s --localtime
> >
> > I've added a localtime module to grml-quickconfig and attached the
> > patch. Hopefully it will find it's way to the package. ;) (I did /not/
> > change the changelog.)
>
> Tested the new grml-release recently and it seems that the variable
> UTC has been changed to "no" which means the problem moved to systems
> where the hwclock is set to UTC. The solution there would then be:

As we already got several release-candidates its very unlikely that the
patch will make it into 2010.04.

And to be honest i am not sure if this is something which should be
added to the default grml-quickconig as it is IMHO not as often used
as for example changing the keyboard layout or starting X.

Would you mind to add your patch and problem description to our
bugtracking system <http://bts.grml.org> so others can benefit from it
and use your patch?

regards,
Ulrich