[Grml] Using GRML2HD in a productive environment...

Johannes Kastl ojkastl at gmx.de
Mon Mar 2 17:34:52 CET 2009

On 3/2/09 12:33 AM Keith Hinton wrote:
> How would GRML2hd be used in an productive environment necessarily?
> I'm curious about that.

What exactly do you want to know? How should the usage differ from
non-productive (home?) environment?

> Also, in grml, if installed onto the hard-drive, I assume that I do
> not need to manually edit the network interfaces file owing to the use
> of the grml-netcard or grml-network scripts?

Yes. grml-network IIRC.

> I have an Internet domain that I want GRML to be able to resolve to an
> IP address, or at least realize that the domain exists.

You should have a Nameserver for your domain, so that should have
nothing to do with grml. Or am I missing anything?

> What happens in grml if I add to resolv.conf:
> search "domain.org" without quotations, (assuming) that domain.org existed?

AFAIK this will only add a domain.org to any non-fully-qualified
hostnames. Search for "foo" and it will add domain.org => foo.domain.org

Regards,
OJ
--
`But he knows your dad was right all along now about Voldemort being
back -´ `Dumbledore says people find it far easier to forgive others for