[Grml] Using VMware Workstation on GRML Linux

Keith Hinton keithint1234 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 00:27:51 CET 2009

I was wondering, how difficult it is to install the Gnome environment
inside the GRML environment when installed onto a hard-disk drive?
Probably an aptitude-install Gnome does it.
However, Hear is what I was wanting to know.
I have purchased the VMWare Workstation package, and have a registered
serial number for it.
It's a standard tar formatted file, with a Tar.GZ extention added onto
the end of it.
Extracting it isn't my problem.
The problem is, how will I instruct it to boot the necessary VMware
services on boot of GRML itself?
I also hope, that I will be able to simply do an grml-x gnome and have
gnome launch directly and then run VMware workstation.
Could anyone contact me with instructions on this process? Thanks.
Regards, --Keith