[Grml] Using VMware Workstation on GRML Linux

Johannes Kastl ojkastl at gmx.de
Mon Mar 2 17:31:34 CET 2009

On 3/2/09 12:27 AM Keith Hinton wrote:

> The problem is, how will I instruct it to boot the necessary VMware
> services on boot of GRML itself?

You unpack the tar (to /opt/vmware), and then run vmware-install.pl,
which copies the files to the right places /usr/lib/vmware/,
/etc/vmware/, /etc/init.d/...).

So basically I would say the procedure is the same as with any other
linux distribution.

> I also hope, that I will be able to simply do an grml-x gnome and have
> gnome launch directly and then run VMware workstation.

Gnome should have any kind of autostart.

Regards,
OJ
--
The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is probably the day
they start making vacuum cleaners.