[Grml] grml and mactel

Johannes Kastl ojkastl at gmx.de
Wed Mar 4 19:46:56 CET 2009

On 3/3/09 5:24 PM Chaitat Piriyastit wrote:
> I have just tried installing Ubuntu 8.10 on /dev/sda3 (next to
> /dev/sda3 that I have grml installed) and it works.  I can boot
> Ubuntu.

So, basically booting Linux on your Mac works.

> I am on hold on the usb installation because I am lacking of knowledge
> about efi.

If it is EFI related. Try to install another Live Linux onto your stick,
and test it. Try to make it a superfloppy (not partitioned), and test then.

But as the stick boots on your PC, I would say EFI...

>   I think BootCamp did something on my GUID Partition Table
> when it created a vfat partition for Windows.

Why?
Just in case, have you synced GPT/MBR via rEFIt?

> Anyway, I will concentrate on the harddisk installtion first.

Although that seems to be another issue...

Regards,
OJ
--
The United States of America is the only empire in history to have gone
from Barbarism directly to Decadence, without any intervening period of