[Grml] Creating a bootable DVD using grml and grml64

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Mon Jun 8 01:57:49 CEST 2009

* Michael Prokop <mika at grml.org> [20090607 03:17]:
> * Ernesto Domato <edomat at gmail.com> [20090606 21:51]:

> > Hi, I'd like to create a bootable DVD from the ISOs of grml and grml64
> > so I can boot whichever of the two flavors or even aggregate the rest
> > of the ISOs to the DVD (small and medium for i585 and amd64).

[...]

> I just implemented support for loopback devices in grml2usb.
> Please grab the current version of the script and give it a try:

>   http://git.grml.org/?p=grml2usb.git;a=blob_plain;f=grml2usb;hb=HEAD

> Note: to build a bootable ISO you've to generate the according
> eltorito boot image. As grml2usb can generate the configuration
> files for syslinux/grub already I just wrote a script which
> generates the eltorito boot stuff. All the steps from 0 to a
> multiboot ISO are implemented in the following script:

[...]

> Please let me know if it works for you, then I'd upload a new
> grml2usb version and work on a final solution of grml2usb-to-iso.

Thorsten Glaser and I already worked out a generic grml2iso script
which doesn't even require a loopback device anymore (but please
make sure to use the most current grml2usb version from git for
now):

  http://git.grml.org/?p=grml2usb.git;a=blob_plain;f=grml2iso;hb=HEAD

Please report feedback.