[Grml] I got Espeakup finally to work

Hermann meinelisten at onlinehome.de
Tue Jun 2 15:58:12 CEST 2009

On 02.06.2009 at 15:23:44 Michael Whapples <mwhapples at aim.com> wrote:
[...]
> On this topic it is something I never
> really worked out, why does GRML require me to type swspeak once booting
> finishes as surely the start up script which gives the speech messages
> (eg. "software speech has been enabled, type swspeak once booting
> finishes" or something like that) could run the swspeak command for me.

And the question is also, why does that second "swspeak" open a new
shell? It should stay to the shell opened at startup.

> Related to this, when I do grml2hd the HD installation when it starts
> will not come up automatically speaking, even if I used swspeak for
> install. This has caught me and I think others out in the past, as the
> instructions from the speech messages tell you type swspeak once booting
> finishes but the HD installation puts you at a login screen so you need
> to log in first.

This is new to me, but I never started the grml2hd with speech, I used
braille and this does not happen. Perhaps because I started the script
using some parameters, such as the target drive and the place where the
boot manager has to be written.
Hermann