[Grml] some questions.

Dietmar Segbert didi.segbert at arcor.de
Sun Jan 18 14:11:00 CET 2009

Hello,
for a time i have installed the grml 1.1 on two harddisk and onto a usb-
stick (GB). With the commands aptitude update and aptitude safe-upgrade i
look for the newest program-updates.

But now i have some questions:

1.
What is the sudo password for the first User, i mean the user, that tehe
grml2hd-script will create (i have changed the configfile for my needs).

2.
How can i upgrade from grml 1.1 to grml 2008, especielly the kernel and
scripts?

3.
What can i do to become a better performance on my usb-stick, shall i
create a fstab for my needs, so that the temoraryfiles are into the ram
and so. Are there any examples.

4.
After updating/upgrading with aptitude and the end of the procedur im
become an error "update-initramfs can not create/update initrd ..., use -t
switch". Shall i use the command update-initramfs -d -t to fix this or is
there a configfile?

5.
If i log in as user x and start lynx, surf with lynx to an audiostream
(mp3/rm or so) or to an internetradiostream, the mplayer will start, but
nothing is to hear, mplayer will stop and lynx is back.
The sound works and if i start the mplayer with the directlink to the
radiostream, that will work.
Any ideas?

6.
How can i addd old debian packages, especielly i want to use the aqmony
0.6.3, the openhbci and the libchipcard version, which works with the old
aqmoney 0.6.3. I have tryied to compile the programs, but the gcc 4.3.x
will produce a lot of errors and i am not so familiar with c an c++ to fix
this errors.

thanks for your help.

Regards

Dietmar