[Grml] Would ssomebody try to include ATI Radeon 9000 series driver to GRML Live CD?

Mgr. Janusz Chmiel chmiel at phil.muni.cz
Thu Jan 15 11:07:47 CET 2009

Dear core developers of GRML,

    I would like to please You, if You could include ATI Radeon 9000 series
driver to GRML live CD, because GRMLx reported error related to ATI RAdeon
9000 graphics cart, so i was not able to execute Gnome. I installed Gnome
successfully, Gnome even tried to automatically start during boot, but error
messages related to ATI RADEON 9000 series graphics cart appeared, so Gnome
could not be used. I Am very sad, that there is probably no tool such as
apt-get or similar tool for downloading and automatically installing device
drivers in Debian. If there is this script, could somebody give me
instructions, how to install driver for this graphics cart? GRML is ammazing
tool, there is even possibility to use utilities for rescue data from
corrupted partitions, and because fortunately, those tools are console
based, Yasr, Brltty and Speakup can be used.

Next question.

Could i change GRML language after booting A live CD to Czech unicode, and
can i switch Espeak synthesizer with Speakup screen reader to Czech
language? Or core developers of Grml modified source code of Espeak and
removed code, which could enable users to switch Espeak to other than
English language?

    I Am aware, that core developers of Grml specially prepared this CD for
text tools user and for system administrators, and that they prepared this
distro for Xwindow and other included Window managers, and that using Gnome
after installing GRML to A hard drive is experimental approach. I think,
that grmlx script is working without errors, grml2hd also worked fine. But
in A specific hardware configurations, user will have to download driver for
his specific device, this is common for all operating systems.

Thank You for Your answers.