[Grml] Adding a program to grml-medium on USB-stick

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Sat May 31 19:37:50 CEST 2008

* Hubert Gabler <loipersb at aon.at> [20080530 13:01]:

> following your excellent instruction I installed grml-medium on a
> USB-stick thus eliminating the need to insert the grml CD whenever I
> want to do some minor data manipulations. For backing up partitions I
> use partimage, but unfortunately this program is not included in
> grml-medium. I have to "apt-get update" and "apt-get install partimage"
> each time I want to use it. Is there a way to permanently install this
> program (or any other) on the USB-stick?

Run:

  apt-get --download-only --print-uris install parted

and download the Debian packages and place them on your USB stick.
Then you can easily install it without network access as well.

A "full persistency" feature is on our todo list.

If you want to create your very own grml-medium version just check
out grml-live -> http://grml.org/grml-live/