[Grml] Problems with CCISS/HP Smart Array E200

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Mon Mar 10 19:45:18 CET 2008

* t.richter at gmx.li <t.richter at gmx.li> [20080310 16:05]:

> I have a small Problem with the cciss SCSI Support on GRML.
> I have read all the Docs i could find but without success.

> My Plan is to use GRML-Mini as a Rescue System on a seperate
> Partition.

What do you mean with grml-mini? grml-small or grml-medium? :)
Which version exactly are you talking about?

> If i start from the CD everything is fine. The Partitions under
> /dev/cciss/c0d0pX are found. But i cant figure out what module
> provides the cciss Support.

> If i start GRML from HDD the Kernel is booting but can't find the Iso.
> I tried the Kernelparameter scsi=probe. But no Module is found.

scsi=probe is deprecated at least for grml-medium.
Which bootoptions are you using for "booting from HDD"?
Can you please provide the steps you did so far?

> Do you have any Idea which Module brings the CCISS Support on the CD?

CCISS is behind behing kernel config CONFIG_BLK_CPQ_CISS_DA, what's
compiled statically into the grml kernel - so that shouldn't be the
issue.

Does "dmraid -r" output anything when grml is booted in live-mode?
If so your device requires dmraid support (which *should* be
supported by grml and grml-medium but *not* by the initrd of
grml-small).