[Grml] [grml] grml 1.1 shutdown will fail

Michael Wittke miw at ra-lwb.de
Mon Mar 10 17:46:28 CET 2008

Hello,

batch your pardon for asking for your help.

I have just downloaded the grml 1.1 iso und burned a live cd for playing
a little bit with your nice tool. The cd starts and everything works fine.
There also is no fault, when I start the cd with the grml testcd boot option.
My PC has an ASUS Mainbord with an Intel Pentium III Processor.

When I shutdown the PC (with shutdown -h now) the PC will hang when
the cd is ejected and I have to disconnect the power to be able to
restart the PC. I have no idea what went wrong.

On the monitor are the following error massages:

 end-request: I/O error,dev hdc, sector 114876
 hdc: tray open
 (there are a lot of this massages with different sector numbers)

 SQUASHFS error: Unable to read fragment cache block [2918b2b]
 SQUASHFS errror: Unable to read page block 2918b2b, seize 5811

 /etc/init.d/halt: line 65: /sbin/halt: cannot execute binery file

 INIT: no more process left in this runlevel.

 Any suggestions how to solve the problem?