[Grml] Setting up grub into lvm and a suggestion

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Fri Jun 6 10:56:51 CEST 2008

* Cleverson <clever92000 at yahoo.com.br> [20080606 04:54]:

> I suggest, if possible, that grml2hd detects automatically other OSes on
> the hard disk and sets up lilo/grub accordingly during the installation.

It's on our wish list: http://bts.grml.org/grml/issue136
Patches welcome.

> Here I have Windows XP on the first partition - /dev/sda1 - but I don't
> know how to deal with lilo.

other=/dev/sda1
label=Windows

You even have this example in your /etc/lilo.conf.

> I was thinking that grml2hd would prompt me for choosing grub instead of
> lilo, but it didn not, perhaps because I've installed grml onto a
> logical partition ?

grml2hd *does* prompt for lilo vs. grub:
http://grml.org/grml2hd/gallery/.tmp/18-choose-bootmanager.png.html

I don't have an idea why you shouldn't get this dialog.