[Grml] grml on usb stick: can not get partition to start at cylinder 1

Peter p.vittali at tonhof.ch
Fri Feb 22 19:19:26 CET 2008

Hi

I try to get grml_small on a usb stick. thanks to mikas nice blog
/http://michael-prokop.at/blog/2006/03/24/booten-vom-usb-stick-fdisk-vs-cfdisk/
I learned that the first partition has to start on cylinder 1. However,
when using fdisk or cfdisk , I always get 63 as the value for Start (as
Mika has pointed out, the output of fdisk differs from fdisk -l -u , the
former showing the value 1 and the latter the value 63)
In his blog Mika says: "As soon as I had adjusted the partition ..."

But how did he adjust ?

Thanks
Peter