[Grml] z shell question

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Sun Feb 10 12:32:39 CET 2008

* martin yazdzik <yazdzik at nyct.net> [20080210 12:27]:

> > mv ~/.zshrc ~/.zshrc.unused
> > cp /etc/skel/.zshrc ~/.zshrc

> Indeed, Mika, as always,  you repaired the issue -

Great to hear that. (Thanks also to Frank - our zsh guru - for
investigating on that.)

> In the meantime, since that version of grub, 0.97-30 has the known bug
> that running grub-update changes hdd location descriptions, the
> subscibers need to know not to use that version from debian unstable.

Hm, do you have any pointers regarding grub 0.97-30 and the problem
you are talking about?

> The question, on a different level, could be re-phrased as to why it
> takes udevd more than twenty-five seconds to populate when booting via
> lilo, since both boot loaders should work.  An eternity when one boots
> the laptop five times a day....

Interesting problem, because I don't have the problem here right
now even though I'm using lilo. But thanks for the pointer, I'll
investigate on that issue.

> That is why I suppose the ski patrol runs the slopes before the
> public ;) and we run experimental partitions.....

:)