[Grml] Remastering grml64

Markus Wigge mwigge at marcant.net
Tue Dec 2 12:31:05 CET 2008

Hi,

> Now I am trying to do the same with grml64-small, which proves to be
> quite a challenge. I am no longer able to mount the file with the root
> filing system... squashfs doesn't recognise it even though the name
> suggests its a squashfs filing system in a file
> (live/grml64-small.squashfs).
I had the same problem but figured out, that grml 2008.11 uses a new
patched version of squashfs with lzma support. I had to build this stuff
by hand for CentOS: http://www.squashfs-lzma.org/

Maybe someone should put an hint on this on a prominent position to the
website!

Then I was able to do "unsquashfs" the image to a directory.

Only the repackaging still troubles me a bit as the resulting image is
significant bigger than the original :(

regards,
Markus