[Grml] Remastering grml64

Jan Bakuwel jan.bakuwel at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 10:46:52 CET 2008

Hi,

In the past I have succesfully used grml-small as the basis for a
customised rescue CD. I had to add some packages, which was relatively
easy to do as I could copy the contents of the squashfs filing system,
chroot into it, add packages to my hearts desire and recreate the
squashfs file.

Now I am trying to do the same with grml64-small, which proves to be
quite a challenge. I am no longer able to mount the file with the root
filing system... squashfs doesn't recognise it even though the name
suggests its a squashfs filing system in a file
(live/grml64-small.squashfs).

I do not necessarily need the latest version of grml... I am quite happy
with the older version. However I do need a 64bit kernel so I am able to
get grub installed from within a 64bit userland (one of the reasons for
making the rescue CD).

My problem would likely be solved if I would know how to access the root
filing system in live/grml64-small.squashfs, make changes (adding
packages, setting passwords etc) and recreate the file.

Does anyone know?

kind regards,
Jan

- Ubuntu Hardy amd64 squashfs-tools 1:3.3-1ubuntu2.

--

----
"It is an illusion to think that we are free to apply our increasing