[Grml] Re: Please test 1.0rc2 usb

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Fri May 18 23:23:39 CEST 2007

* Mark <27e3kk302 at sneakemail.com> [20070518 23:14]:

> > A release without any errors isn't possible, sorry. :)

> Of course.  But this is 1.0.  The bug was reported under 0.9-7 some
> while ago and re-tested under 1.0rc2.  Furthermore it has been reported
> in the distant past (similar behavior in old grml dev releases).  So, I
> did my part as a grml beta tester.
[...]

The idea with CONFIG_USB_SUSPEND came into my direction behind our
kernel freeze date. Your feedback as a grml beta tester was great
and we will debug it behind 1.0 of course. If kernel 2.6.21 solves
the issue for you we can continue in using CONFIG_USB_SUSPEND (which
brings great benefity in general, especially on laptops). If it
still causes problems we can contact kernel upstream, and if that
still fails in resolving the problem we can deactivate the option at
all. So stay tuned and wait a few more days until 1.0-1 is available
providing kernel 2.6.21 for you. :)