[Grml] Re: Please test 1.0rc2 usb

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Fri May 18 22:26:05 CEST 2007

* Mark <27e3kk302 at sneakemail.com> [20070518 21:15]:

> Mika - the 1.0 release might be too important to allow such a bug
> through?  nVidia hardware could be common?  The motherboard is years
> old, not the latest thing at all, can we really blame hardware?

A release without any errors isn't possible, sorry. :) Changing a
kernel configuration causing a kernel rebuild for at least 3
flavours including tons of external modules might bring us many more
problems than this single one, which affects only specific hardware.

> Thanks for the tip on 2.6.21.  Our experience has been that we have too
> many problems trying to integrate external/upgraded stuff after a
> grml2hd operation.  We may just stick to 0.9 and wait for 1.1.  (But
> I'll try one-off experiments to isolate these problem(s).)

wget $KERNEL.deb
dpkg -i $KERNEL.deb
update-initramfs -c -t -k $NEW_KERNELVERSION
update-grub or $EDITOR /etc/lilo.conf && lilo