[Grml] chroot again

martin yazdzik yazdzik at nyct.net
Wed Mar 21 03:28:50 CET 2007

Dear M and friends,

Just for information, and please realise I am not complaining:
root at grmllap1 ~ # chroot /mnt/sda4
root at grmllap1 / # apt-get update
Err http://www.debian-multimedia.org sid Release.gpg
  Could not resolve 'www.debian-multimedia.org'
Err http://ftp.de.debian.org stable Release.gpg
  Could not resolve 'ftp.de.debian.org'

Note that, when my experimental partition(/mnt/sda4) is plain old
debian, I do the same thing and can do all package management or
upgrades, install drives, and so on, from my working workhorse grml
install, but, as now, when the /mnt/sda4 is a grml install, something
stops me from using my internet connexion to fetch things.  I think it
may be a bind issue, or not?

At any rate, this means I cannot work on one OS while in the other,
which is silly.  It obviously has nothing to do with the working grml,
because every other one day install, zb, debian, SuSE, Sabayon, lets me
use my running connexion to work.

All other chrooted commands work, as long as, obviously, they are not x
server dependent.

Best,

martin