[Grml] Re: grml-quickconfig?

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Sun Jan 28 11:28:40 CET 2007

* Mark <27e3kk302 at sneakemail.com> [20070128 02:15]:

> > Please handle such stuff on your own as long as it's not part of
> > Debian, see http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=388525

> Thanks, I was aware, but wrong, "swapoff -a" is part of Debian.  (The
> wish-list item is a boot cheatcode which grml CD-ROM offers despite
> non-official status.)

Hm, what do you mean with "swapoff -a is part of Debian"?

> The "mobile hard drive" or "mobile flash stick" scenarios benefit from
> identical capabilities as CD-ROM.  Different behaviors are confusing.
> If we wanted exact Debian, we would install it.  What we want is grml
> CD-ROM behavior :-).

Well, not all cheatcodes from grml make sense on hd installations.
And the ones that would make sense but are not yet available should
become part of main Debian - if possible, that's why #388525 exists. :)

Huh?! http://grml.org/files/README-0.9.php =>

| swap partitions: by default grml does not automatically use swap
| partitions anymore. Run 'grml-swapon' when running grml or boot
| using 'grml swap' for enabling all detected and usable swap
| partitions.

> Whether a user wants swap on or off is not predictable, so the
> option would help.  I sometimes even forget when swap is on and
> then kick myself for not turning it off at login.

Ok, I'll think about integration of grml-swapon as soon as I can
test the new script. :)