[Grml] Re: grml-quickconfig?

Mark 27e3kk302 at sneakemail.com
Sun Jan 28 02:14:12 CET 2007

> Please handle such stuff on your own as long as it's not part of
> Debian, see http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=388525

Thanks, I was aware, but wrong, "swapoff -a" is part of Debian.  (The
wish-list item is a boot cheatcode which grml CD-ROM offers despite
non-official status.)

The "mobile hard drive" or "mobile flash stick" scenarios benefit from
identical capabilities as CD-ROM.  Different behaviors are confusing.
If we wanted exact Debian, we would install it.  What we want is grml
CD-ROM behavior :-).

The "swapoff -a" command works the same from CD or USB.  The grml CD
hunts down and mounts all swap by default.  Whether a user wants swap on
or off is not predictable, so the option would help.  I sometimes even
forget when swap is on and then kick myself for not turning it off at
login.

Thanks,