[Grml] Re: grml-quickconfig?

Mark 27e3kk302 at sneakemail.com
Sun Jan 28 23:01:25 CET 2007

> Hm, what do you mean with "swapoff -a is part of Debian"?

The command works in Debian now, it's not a wish-list item.

> Huh?! http://grml.org/files/README-0.9.php =>

OK. Over several months we've observed anomalous behaviors for swap,
tmpfs, etc.  We'll double check the latest grml.

As far as cheatcodes making sense for CDROM vs. hard drive, we see few
diffs (but some of course).  Mobile USB for us is just a read-write
version of live CD with more software capacity and easier data
persistence across boots.  So it's not the same as the usual hard drive
installation to fixed workstation.

We've previously discussed the lack of / need for a mobile user model in
Linux, astride the usual server, workstation concepts.  Devices and
computing capacity are growing exponentially while 40-year-old *nix
assumptions still slow Linux a little from filling these niches.  There
are many more user models than stable server (i.e. Debian stable) and
desktop workstation (i.e. fixed hard disk PC install).  Live CD is one
of the new ones! ;-)  So is ours.  Grml has been a big help pushing it
forward!