[Grml] Pondering a mid-size grml...

Juergen Fiedler juergen.fiedler at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 19:28:59 CET 2007

Wouldn't it be nice to have a grml that would fit on an 8cm CD? I'm playing
around with adding things to grml_small (being that stipping the big one
down seems rather intimidating), but having an official release in the 200M
size range would be even nicer.
I'm envisioning something that still has the man pages and some basic X
tools. The big hurdle for me right now are actually the man pages, being
that reinstalling everything just to get the accompanying man pages is a
pretty big project - but then again, remastering a Live CD is pretty much
supposed to be big.

Is there any chance of there being an official release somewhere between
grml_small and grml (regular)? Even just a version of small without stuff
being stripped post install would be a mightily cool thing.

Thanks for a cool distribution :)
 --j