[Grml] Wish grml scripts honor/use debconf method

Tong Sun mlist4suntong at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 22 06:07:31 CEST 2007

Package: mkpersistenthome
Severity: wishlist

Hi, Mika:

Is it possible for grml scripts to use the debconf's method to
interact with the user? I mean, debconf allows us to define the
frontend that we feel most comfortable to use, be it readline,
dialog or xdialog, etc.

Seems currently all grml scripts uses dialog. It looks nice, but I
have to say I really hate dialog. I prefer readline, nice and simple.
And most importantly, it leave a clear trace of what questions were
asked and what choice/answers I've made.

Just hoping that all grml scripts can interact with the user using
their most preferred way.

Thanks

Tong

-- System Information:
Debian Release: 4.0
  APT prefers unstable
  APT policy: (50, 'unstable'), (30, 'stable')
Architecture: i386 (i686)
Shell:  /bin/sh linked to /bin/bash
Kernel: Linux 2.6.17-grml
Locale: LANG=C, LC_CTYPE=C (charmap=ANSI_X3.4-1968)