[Grml] Re: Locale settings for US

s. keeling keeling at spots.ab.ca
Sat Sep 30 07:06:31 CEST 2006

Incoming from Mark:
> I am suspicious that we need LC_MONETARY set.

I'm suspicious that you need to run "dpkg-reconfigure locales" and
select "en_US ISO-8859-15".  I have that enabled on my system but have
never used it.  I too run zsh (Canada):

   LANG="en_CA"
   LANGUAGE="en_CA"

(not grml; Debian stable/Sarge), and I've since changed those to
"....iso885915".  When I get a chance, I'll test them out and report
back.

> LC_ALL=en_US.iso885915

I've had problems in the past setting this.  LANG and LANGUAGE
(optional) should be all that's necessary.  LC_ALL is too overly broad.

> CHARSET=iso8859-1

Uh, what?  Could that be the problem?

Just guessing here ...

(*)    http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling      Please don't Cc: me.