[Grml] Re: Locale settings for US

Mark 27e3kk302 at sneakemail.com
Sat Sep 30 02:09:55 CEST 2006

I am suspicious that we need LC_MONETARY set.

Perl validation script (I have not run it):
http://www.student.uit.no/~pere/linux/glibc/check-locale

> How does environment look like in X then? (Just run 'env'.)

Normal.  Here are the relevant bits:

ZSHDIR=/home/testuser/.zsh
SHELL=/bin/zsh
TERM=xterm
LC_ALL=en_US.iso885915
USER=testuser
COUNTRY=US
LC_MESSAGES=en_US.iso885915
LANG=en_US.iso885915
TZ=US/California
LANGUAGE=us
DISPLAY=:0.0
CHARSET=iso8859-1
COLORTERM=yes
WINDOWID=27263014
XTERM_VERSION=XTerm(210)
XTERM_SHELL=/bin/zsh

> Does running 'startx 2>~/.xsession-errors' show anything relevant in
> ~/.xsession-errors?

The X sessions starts via startxfce4.  X.org 7.1.1 with XFCE 4.4RC1.
The X.org log file just shows missing fonts.  The keyboard stanza in
/etc/X11/xorg.conf is this:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Option      "CoreKeyboard"
        Driver      "kbd"
        Option      "XkbRules"   "xorg"
        Option      "XkbModel"   "pc105"
        Option      "XkbLayout"  "us"
EndSection

> Which grml-version are you using?

0.8-1 development version.  I did not update any grml packages but
have upgraded others like X.org, etc.  Generally this USB drive runs OK.
Nvidia drivers.

> Output of 'dpkg --list
> grml-scripts grml-autoconfig grml-etc grml-etc-core'

No packages found matching grml-etc-core.

Status=Not/Installed/Config-files/Unpacked/Failed-config/Half-installed
uppercase=bad)