[Grml] Re: Locale settings for US

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Fri Sep 29 11:10:17 CEST 2006

(Cc:-ing grml-mailinglist)

* Mark <27e3kk302 at sneakemail.com> [20060929 11:02]:

> > > Current /etc/default/locale values (the rest undefined):

> > > # File generated by grml-setlang
> > > LANGUAGE=us
> > > LANG=en_US.iso885915
> > > LC_ALL=en_US.iso885915
> > > LC_MESSAGES=en_US.iso885915
> > > COUNTRY=US
> > > CHARSET=iso8859-1

> > Ok, and what's inside /etc/sysconfig/keyboard?

> This:

> # File generated by grml-setkeyboard ...
> KEYTABLE="us"
> XKEYBOARD="us"
> KDEKEYBOARD="us"
> KDEKEYBOARDS="us"

Ok.

> > If X is running: does 'xmodmap ~/.Xmodmap' do what you expect to
> > get?

> No change.

The environment files look ok.

How does environment look like in X then? (Just run 'env'.)

Does running 'startx 2>~/.xsession-errors' show anything relevant in
~/.xsession-errors?

Which grml-version are you using?  Output of 'dpkg --list
grml-scripts grml-autoconfig grml-etc grml-etc-core' would be
interesting as well.

> Maybe something like "GTKKEYBOARD" as it's not KDE but XFCE desktop.

No. (I don't know of such an environment variable and never set one
at grml.)