[Grml] A view requests to make remastering easier

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Thu Sep 21 18:47:59 CEST 2006

* Wolfgang Scheicher <worf at sbox.tu-graz.ac.at> [20060921 18:15]:

> I've experimented quite a bit with remastering grml.
> Basically i wanted to do change the package list to about that what i have on
> my desktop, which basically is mostly kde and kde apps, stuff like quanta,
> kile, etc...

> I'm quite there now, it works almost the way i want it.
> To have it working perfectly i would only need a view changes/additions to the
> grml scripts:

> *) option to change the default windowmanager
>   - not hardcoding wm-ng in /etc/grml/autoconfig.functions

You already know the bootoption "startx"?

grml startx
=> start default window manager wm-ng (fluxbox with addons)

grml startx=ion3
=> start X with window manager ion3

> *) options to start x on boot, so you can either
>   - don't do anything

Hm, sorry - what does 'don't do anything' mean? :)
Interesting feature request. Do I have to implement nothing as well? ;)

>   - just create xorg.conf, but don't start xorg

Ok, so you mean you want to get a special bootoption which runs
'grml-x -force -nostart wm-ng' in background during bootup?

>   - create xorg.config and start xorg

Bootoption startx does that. :)