[Grml] Filesystem not clean on boot up

T mlist4suntong at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 15 16:11:12 CEST 2006

Hi

What's the difference between using the command "reboot" and let the
keyboard trigger the "init 6" to reboot?

I notice I always get the "Filesystem not clean" message having switched
over to grml when rebooting. I trigger the reboot via keyboard to issue
init 6. Didn't notice so when using Debian Sarge though.

Can I rely on keyboard/HW triggers for reboot or poweroff, or I'd better
type the command? Or, the Grml is more a live system which has skips some
steps that normal non-live systems will do when shutdown?

I'm using the reiserfs systems.

thanks