[Grml] Updating a Devel Harddisk Installation

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Thu Sep 14 18:37:53 CEST 2006

* Tobias Klauser <tklauser at grml.org> [20060914 12:15]:
> On 2006-09-14 at 08:52:22 +0200, Johannes Stiegler <johannes.stiegler at urz.uni-heidelberg.de> wrote:

> > i'm just wondering, if it's possible to upgrade a grml2hd installation
> > of a devel version of grml. As i'm using the harddisk installation on
> > one of my computers, and i don't want to reinstall with each new
> > devel-release, this would very convenient. I did a quick search on the
> > web and the mailinglist, respectively, but i didn't find something.
> > So would be nice if this will work:-)

> Basically apt-get update && apt-get upgrade should do the job. Just make
> sure you have the grml repository in your /etc/apt/sources.list

Jepp. And "apt-get update ; apt-get install grml" will bring your
(core) grml-packages up2date as soon as a new stable release of grml
is available.

A devel version of grml is nothing else than an updated version of
grml. Whereas stable releases should be considered as *really*
stable, the devel versions *might* contain small bugs (for example
because new features were introduced, see
http://wiki.grml.org/doku.php?id=grml_devel for details).

So of course you can use a devel version for a grml2hd installation,
I'm doing this as well. :)