[Grml] Filesystem not clean on boot up

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Fri Sep 15 23:23:58 CEST 2006

* T <mlist4suntong at yahoo.com> [20060915 22:15]:

> What's the difference between using the command "reboot" and let the
> keyboard trigger the "init 6" to reboot?

> I notice I always get the "Filesystem not clean" message having switched
> over to grml when rebooting. I trigger the reboot via keyboard to issue
> init 6. Didn't notice so when using Debian Sarge though.

Hm strange. How do you trigger the reboot? Via /etc/inittab? How
does your configuration look like?

> Can I rely on keyboard/HW triggers for reboot or poweroff, or I'd better
> type the command? Or, the Grml is more a live system which has skips some
> steps that normal non-live systems will do when shutdown?

No, a harddisk installation of grml should work as any other
harddisk system. If you notice any problems there it's a bug which
has to be debugged.

> I'm using the reiserfs systems.

Well, you know:

| <gorny> reiserfs, making files and wives dissapear in an instant

  -- http://blogs.23.nu/ilja/stories/12795/

regards,
-mi"it wasn't me, it was fortune!!!1! ;-)"ka-
--
Real Users find the one combination of bizarre input values that shuts
down the system for days.