[Grml] Re: grml-tips sarge

Erich Minderlein erminderlein at locoware.de
Wed Nov 29 22:27:42 CET 2006

Hi

> Message: 3
locatedb
> Hm? That's just timestamp based and we won't release a new stable
> release every 8 days just to supress the warning. ;)
:-)
> Seriously: it's just a warning message, nothing to care about on the
> live-cd - everything ok. On your hd-installation run 'updatedb' to
> update the locate database, but don't care about it on the live-cd.
:-)
what could be done on the new union fs, where you can actually overwrite
a file originally located on the cdrom as I understand,
when the install is done on RAM then do a
nice -10 updatedb & ; /bin/zsh
should not be a RAM-memory problem , locatedb is 1.5 MByte
or so just service

> > there is an output of mkfs.ext3 :
> > Dateisystem wird geprft alle .., je nachdem ...,
> > veraenderbar mit tune2fs -c oder -t
> > must be
> > veraenderbar mit tune2fs -c oder -i
> > ==================================^
> > lots of downloads going on, install is fine.
>
> mkfs.ext3 is nothing which is controlled by grml.
> You mean the output of mkfs.ext3 regarding tune2fs contains errors?!

jes, just one letter -t should be -i (-c=count, -i = interval)

> Just set $TERM to something like 'linux' when chrooting...

thks
> > perl continued to complain LANGUAGE unset,
> [...]
>
> Just install 'locales'.

thanks, will do

> > ls /dev/sd* does not show
> > /dev/sda4, /dev/sda5, /dev/sda6 !
>
> > I cannot mkfs.ext3 /dev/sda5/ dev/sda6 !
> > no devices.
> > /dev/sda4 cannot be found not as p-partition, nor
> > /dev/sda5 and /dev/sda6 as l-partition.
>
> For sure, because something is still accessing your disk so the
> partition table can not be reread using the BLKRRPART ioctl().  Very
> probably its an enabled swap partition. Take a look at output of
> 'swapon -s'
no output

> and disable swap partitions via 'swapoff -a'.
done the next time

> Message: 4
> Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 20:33:15 +0100
> From: Michael Prokop <mika at grml.org>
> Subject: Re: [Grml] grml-tips sarge, addendum
> To: grml at mur.at
>
> * Erich Minderlein <erminderlein at locoware.de> [20061129 20:15]:
>
> [...]
> > but what remains is the perl complaint:
> > perl: warning: setting locale failed:
> > falling back to default "C".
>
> apt-get install locales
>

> wget http://dufo.tugraz.at/~prokop/grml-kernel/2.6.17-grml/linux-image-2.6.17-grml_grml.06_i386.deb
> dpkg -i linux-image-2.6.17-grml_grml.06_i386.deb
will do

> BTW: You should definitely take a look at grml-debootstrap:
>
>   http://grml.supersized.org/archives/202-grml-debootstrap-wrapper-around-debootstrap-for-installing-plain-Debian-via-grml.html

will do

here comes the preference file , as I have it in sarge plain, the only
thing not from sarge is dokuwiki, not essential

Package:  *
Pin:  release a=stable
Pin-Priority:  1001

Package:  *
Pin:  release a=testing
Pin-Priority:  101

Package:  *
Pin:  release a=unstable
Pin-Priority:  99

Package:  *
Pin:  release a=experimental
Pin-Priority:  9

// main grml-repository:
Package: *
Pin: origin grml.org
Pin-Priority: 993

// fallback grml-repository:
Package: *
Pin: origin dufo.tugraz.at
Pin-Priority: 992

The first part is from sarge
The second from grml

> "p.i.t.r.e."?
pain in the rear end

best regards, now reading and Continuation on Friday.

--
Erich Minderlein <erminderlein at locoware.de>
MARC Mannheim Rail Commerce GmbH