[Grml] Re: grml-tips sarge

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Thu Nov 30 19:42:59 CET 2006

* Erich Minderlein <erminderlein at locoware.de> [20061129 22:33]:

> > Seriously: it's just a warning message, nothing to care about on the
> > live-cd - everything ok. On your hd-installation run 'updatedb' to
> > update the locate database, but don't care about it on the live-cd.

Or just run 'touch /var/cache/locate/locatedb' to supress the
warning. ;)

> :-)
> what could be done on the new union fs, where you can actually overwrite
> a file originally located on the cdrom as I understand,
> when the install is done on RAM then do a
> nice -10 updatedb & ; /bin/zsh
> should not be a RAM-memory problem , locatedb is 1.5 MByte
> or so just service

But what for? The updatedb is up2date for the shipped release, no
matter when you do access it. The files don't change unless *you*
manually change something, and of course you can execute updatedb if
needed. But there's no reason to run this automatically. I'm doing
that for all the releases already, right before creating the
compressed file.

> > > veraenderbar mit tune2fs -c oder -t
> > > must be
> > > veraenderbar mit tune2fs -c oder -i

> > mkfs.ext3 is nothing which is controlled by grml.
> > You mean the output of mkfs.ext3 regarding tune2fs contains errors?!

> jes, just one letter -t should be -i (-c=count, -i = interval)

*ROFL* Just took a look at it, this seems to be an error in the
translation. 8-) Thanks for pointing out, I'll report it to
upstream.

[...]

> >   http://grml.supersized.org/archives/202-grml-debootstrap-wrapper-around-debootstrap-for-installing-plain-Debian-via-grml.html

> will do

> here comes the preference file , as I have it in sarge plain, the only
> thing not from sarge is dokuwiki, not essential

> Package:  *
> Pin:  release a=stable
> Pin-Priority:  1001
[...]

Well, IMO it does not make sense to add this to 'grml-tips sarge'.
It depends on your needs what you need in this file and there does
not exist a generic version.

But you should be able to use/adjust/ship this file with
grml-debootstrap and its customization possibilities, see
CUSTOMIZATION-section in 'man grml-debootstrap'.

You like grml?  Help us!      http://grml.org/donations/
Already on the grml-user-map? http://www.frappr.com/grmlusers
The Grml Planet               http://planet.grml.org/
Grml Solutions                http://solutions.grml.org/