[Grml] PXE-Boot Parameter

Ralf Moll ralf-info at family-moll.de
Mon Nov 27 22:13:37 CET 2006

Hi,

I'm using GRML via PXE on my debian sarge server.

Everything runs perfect, but I noticed, that there is the cheatcode
"nodhcp" in the PXE-Docu on
http://wiki.grml.org/doku.php?id=terminalserver#booting_grml_without_grml-terminalserver
(
LABEL grml
KERNEL linux26
APPEND ramdisk_size=16384 root=/dev/ram0 rw init=/etc/init nfsdir=<YOUR
IP>:/mnt/nfs/grml \
     nodhcp noprompt noeject apm=power-off nomce initrd=minirt26.gz vga=791
)

If I remove the "nodhcp", the client gets an IP and the DNS-Server. With
the standard config including "nodhcp", the client gets an IP and is
booting, but it gets only manually a DNS-Server entry by running
dhcp-client manually.

So what is the reason for the nodhcp-entry?

BTW: Knoppix uses this entry for pxe-booting, too!

cu,

ramon