[Grml] grml boot test report. :-)

s. keeling keeling at spots.ab.ca
Sun Jun 25 21:08:24 CEST 2006

Incoming from s. keeling:

> I tried boot options grml lapic vga=791
>                                 vga=normal
>                                 vga=ask
>                                 fb1024x768

Ah.  I used vga=normal, then "grml-x -mode '1024x768' -module i810
fluxbox" and all was well.  It's gorgeous!  :-)  Questions &
suggestions (this is all while running from CD, btw):

  - How do I get a left-handed mouse?  'xmodmap -e "pointer = 3 2 1 4
    5 6 7 8 9"' works but confuses the heck out of already running
    apps (I've a 3 button ps2 mouse).

  - XConsole is one annoying app.  Running it from X you get "Couldn't
    open xconsole".  I usually do "su" (no dash) then run it from a
    root command line, then exit.  This (su, no dash) uses the user's
    ~/.Xauthority.  Doing this in grml, trying to exit out of the root
    login, I get "You have running jobs.", and exit fails.  Drat.  Do
    I have to use nohup?  Or will one of your brilliant zsh tricks
    (RUNASROOT) solve this?

  - Dillo fires up with the grml start page when logging into X.
    Re-running Dillo starts up with a Dillo start page.  You should
    change that to go to the grml start page.

  - I forgot to check.  What's i810rotate do?

  - I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to steal your .zshrc  :-)  Tres
    cool!

(*)    http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling      Please don't Cc: me.
- -