[Grml] grml netcardconfig

Jan-Pieter Jacobs janpieter.jacobs at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 17:26:09 CEST 2006

* Michael Prokop <mika at grml.org> [060830 17:14]:
> * Jan-Pieter Jacobs <janpieter.jacobs at gmail.com> [20060828 17:15]:
This is more or less the problem:
> > Now if I configure eth1 with the netcardconfig, networking doesn't
> > work any longer.
So the eth0 link (configured by dhcp works, but when eth1 (static,
configured with netcardconfig) comes up , eth0 stops working. This
Isn't what it is supposed to do I think.

> But maybe I can find a solution for your problem for netcardconfig
> anyway.
The problem has already been solved by commenting out the 'network' and
'broadcast' line.
> What do you exactly expect from netcardconfig? You want to
> be able to get something like:
>
> iface eth1 inet static
>   address 192.168.9.253
>   netmask 255.255.255.0
>   broadcast 192.168.0.255
>   nameserver 195.58.160.194
>
> instead of:
>
> iface eth1 inet static
>   address 192.168.9.253
>   netmask 255.255.255.0
>   network 192.168.9.0
>   broadcast 192.168.0.255
>   gateway 192.168.9.1
>   nameserver 195.58.160.194
>
> ?

Exactly, i think this solves the problem (I've suspect the gateway
thing to 'steal' the acces to eth0)
> > BTW i've written a little script to enable routing with iptables, if
> > you want it, drop me a note.
>
> If it might be useful for grml - for sure, just mail it to me.

It's on its way!
JP
--
I use grml (http://grml.org/)