[Grml] grml 0.5 and WPA

Oliver Vecernik ml at vecernik.at
Sun Dec 18 11:54:36 CET 2005

Michael Prokop schrieb:
> Upps, I meant iwconfig of course, sorry.

eth1      IEEE 802.11b  ESSID:""  Nickname:"HERMES I"
          Mode:Managed  Frequency:2.457 GHz  Access Point:
44:44:44:44:44:44
          Bit Rate:2 Mb/s   Sensitivity:1/3
          Retry limit:4   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
          Encryption key:off
          Power Management:off
          Link Quality=0/92  Signal level=134/153  Noise level=134/153

I got this card up and running with WEP, but with WPA no driver works. I
tried all of them. As far as I understand it should work with `hostap',
but I had no luck. I configured my AP (WGT624) and found only channel 6
to be supported with `Auto 108MBit' (Freq: 2.437 GHz). Is this possibly
causing the problem?

> Are you sure that you provide the right key/passphrase?
> Take a look at 'wpa_passphrase ssid1 key_foobar'.
> And some more configuration examples can be found in
> /usr/share/doc/wpasupplicant/examples/wpa_supplicant.conf.gz
> Also give it a try with your orinoco card.

OPTIONS="-i ath0 -D madwifi -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf"

should work, but doesn't.

BTW: I really like the way how grml works. Thank you for your efforts,
it really rocks!

I started grml-x wmii and this is really nice! The display is very
decent and fast. Only Vim uses a bold font as standard. Can this be
changed to a "normal" font? Where do I put `grml-lang at' for wmii?

--
Regards,
Oliver