[Grml-devel] First Release Candidate of Grml version 2014.03 released

Andreas "Jimmy" Gredler jimmy at grml.org
Tue Mar 25 03:35:00 CET 2014

On 03/24/2014 03:22 PM, Christoph Biedl wrote:

> Just using it for a first test, on a probably not-that-common setup:
> grml toram fetch=http://...
>
> There are some messages from live-boot, all typos are mine:
>
> Begin: Copying /etc/resolv.conf to /root/etc/resolv.conf ... cp: can't create '/root/etc/resolv.con': No such file or directory
>
> Being: Preconfiguring networking ... /init: line 93: can't create /root/etc/resolv.conf: nonexistent directory.
> sh: !: unknown operand
> cat: can't open '/root/etc/resolv.conf': no such file or directory
>

> A /etc/resolv.conf does exists after startup and it has sound content,
> so perhaps this is rather cosmetical.

So everything works as expected? Which squashfs are you downloading with
fetch=? Your own? Is it 64 or 32 bit?
I made some tests with our squashfs files and I only had similar error
messages when booting the 64 bit version. But it eventually fails with
"Format exec error" which is obvious ;)
(The 64 bit version works though when booting with grml64-full)

greets Jimmy