[Grml-devel] Grml.org patch bomb

Ulrich Dangel mru at spamt.net
Thu Aug 4 21:54:58 CEST 2011

* Daniel Baumann wrote [04.08.11 21:17]:
Hi,
>> 16_nodhcp.patch
>
> who uses NODHCPHOSTNAME? i couldn't find any reference in live-boot nor
> initramfs-tools that makes use of this variable.

Hm? There is no NODHCPHOSTNAME in
http://git.grml.org/?p=live-boot-grml.git;a=blob;f=debian/patches/16_nodhcp.patch

>> 27_support_static_ip.patch
>
> looks rather intrusive, in particular, has broken formating, and i
> wonder if there's no code in intramfs-tools already that can be sourced
> for that.

There is code in initramfs-tools which supports some features. I can
create a patch which tries to reuse the existing code in initramfs-tools
and talk with maks about necessary changes.

Ulrich
--
twitter: @mr_ud  | identica: @mru
IRCNet:  mru     | freenode: mrud