[Grml-devel] Grml.org patch bomb

Daniel Baumann daniel.baumann at progress-technologies.net
Thu Aug 4 21:17:32 CEST 2011

On 07/26/2011 11:32 PM, Michael Prokop wrote:
> 01_fix_output_file.patch

applied, thanks.

> 07_support_findiso.patch

misses manpage entry, and please do the silencing of the umount call in
a seperate commit/patch, so that it can (if needed) reverted
independently from the fromiso thing.

> 10_validateroot.patch

intrigeri commented about that already.

> 16_nodhcp.patch

who uses NODHCPHOSTNAME? i couldn't find any reference in live-boot nor
initramfs-tools that makes use of this variable.

> 19_revert_toram_bootoption_to_expected_behaviour.patch

since we have d-i with l-i by default on the images these days, we
should by default copy the whole image to ram, and, if too few space
available, either automatically fall back to copying the filesystem only
(plus giving a message about it), or, failing with the advice to use a
parameter to specify that the filesystem should be copied only.

however, just 'reverting' the command without above doesn't make sense.

> 25_support_lvm_for_live-media.patch

reformated to match the documented codying style, otherwise applied, thanks.

> 27_support_static_ip.patch

looks rather intrusive, in particular, has broken formating, and i
wonder if there's no code in intramfs-tools already that can be sourced
for that.

> 30_support_multiarch_dns.patch

i'll wait for that on comments from Michal.

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern
Email:          daniel.baumann at progress-technologies.net
Internet:       http://people.progress-technologies.net/~daniel.baumann/